These plans were adopted at the AGM on 26 January 2016. Some are ongoing or carried over from last year. Those marked * are new proposals.
- Carry on maintaining existing plots, planters and barrels and holding plant swaps
- *Launch Bloomin’ Concrete Project to improve the lower part of Gordon Ave, given it is a gateway to the area and a route to the Common
- Recruit new helpers for gardening sessions
- Find new plots and sponsors for cherry trees
- *Monitor and try to protect mature trees in the area
- Hold Table Top sales at new Saturday venue to raise funds for new planting.
- *Build up a group who can pool their talents to develop new resources and contacts
- *Decide on best ways to communicate with members and the wider community e.g. newsletters, bulletins, Common Ground Newsletter and including residents whose first language is not English
- *Increase press and social media coverage
- *Make use of new notice board due to be installed by the Council
- Update general OARA leaflet and produce Welcome to Outer Avenue pack for new residents.
- Distribute student leaflet again for start of new year
- Continue current social events e.g. Big Lunch, Street Welcome and Christmas Parties
- *Provide moral and practical support for those residents suffering from anti-social behaviour and noise , by developing our own guidelines and strategies and working with other agencies to tackle this problem.
- *Find ways to build links with neighbours whose first language is not English.
- Meet and work with 2015/6 student officers
- Develop links with more landlords, including possible garden schemes
- Keep in regular contact with local police team re safety etc, including through PACT meetings
- *Increase the involvement of the local business community, including sponsorships and fundraising
- Continue regular street cleans and Bin Buddy Scheme (except in August) and encourage more to join in
- *Introduce “Street Blitzes” – with programme of targeted deep cleans on one of our Sundays
- Encourage people and businesses to adopt a street or stretch of street near their home or premises
- Extend bin numbering project to Alma Road and at least one other
- Continue meetings and liaison with Council officers re overall service and continue campaign to get bins put back off pavements and bins removed from houses with no suitable frontage
- *Support specific events such as the SUSU “Shift your Stuff” campaign, Student Volunteer Week Litter Pick and “Clean for the Queen”
- Continue to work with others ( Council, SUSU, other RAs) to regulate/reduce lettings boards
- *Monitor and report properties/frontages in poor state and walls at risk of removal
- Continue with Bevois Mount History Facebook Page
- Continue researching and adding to Bevois Mount History Website
- *Produce 2017 full colour Bevois Mount History Calendar- if costs allow
- *Develop a Community Mural
- *Link with a local artists’ event as “living history” recording their work
- Get togethers to encourage others to join and suggest ideas for research
- Continue to monitor and respond to house sales and planning applications
- *Respond to the forthcoming Local Plan Consultation