Present:

Alma Rd:

  • Chris Jackson
  • Barbara Matcham
  • Olav Schluter
  • Dave Rounce
  • Richard Soper
  • Pat Oliver (Ave St.Andrews)

Avenue Rd:

  • Fiona Barnes
  • Richard Hill
  • Petrina Boddington
  • Gordon Gillies
  • Ally Hayes( Minutes Sec)
  • Des Hayward
  • John Hayward(Vice Chair)
  • Lynn Murphy
  • Liz Hallam
  • Harald Raykowski

Cambridge Rd:

  • Tony Michado

Earls Road:

  • Miles Brown

Gordon Ave:

  • Liz Bailey
  • Phine Dahle
  • Andy Haslehurst (Treasurer)
  • Dorothy Haslehurst
  • Hilary Jackson ( Secretary)
  • Ruth Kibble
  • Sue Swallow (Chair)

Other attendees:

  • Cllr Barnes-Andrews
  • Cllr Burke
  • Hannah Gilbert (SUSU)
  • Cllr Rayment
  • Susanne Dawson (Ave St Andrews)
  • Richard Harris (Ave St. Andrews)
  • Emma Pruce (SUSU)

1. Welcome and Introductions

Sue Swallow opened the meeting by welcoming all of the attendees, who then introduced themselves.

2. Apologies

Maggie O’Connor, Mike Bell, James Norton, Barbro Fitzjohn (Membership Secretary), Rosie McGuire, Patricia Cosio-Bigotes,
Miles Edwards , Barry Olson (HMO Warden)

3. Chair’s Annual Report

The report had been emailed to members prior to the AGM and also circulated at the start of the meeting. The Chair introduced the report and summarised the main points. Click here to see the Chair’s Annual Report.

4. Treasurer’s Report

Andy presented the report which had also been circulated at the start of the meeting. He reported that the accounts had now been audited. It had been a good year and the association was in good financial health. The Greening Group and History Group finances are kept in separate pots from the main OARA funds. Click to see the Treasurer’s Report.

5. Election of Officers and Committee Members

Sue handed over to Hilary Jackson, Secretary, for the election of the Chair.

Chair and Vice Chair

Phine Dahle proposed Sue Swallow as Chair and John Hayward seconded. Sue indicated that she would be willing to stand. This was agreed by those present. Sue then resumed the Chair. Sue Swallow proposed John Hayward as Vice Chair and Petrina Boddington seconded.

Other Officers

The following were proposed and agreed:

Treasurer: Andy Haslehurst (Proposer Hilary Jackson, seconder John Hayward)

Secretary: Hilary Jackson (Proposer Andrew Haslehurst, seconder Phine Dahle)

Membership Secretary: Barbro Fitzjohn (Proposer Barbara Matcham, seconder John Hayward)

Minutes Secretary: Ally Hayes (Proposer Andrew Haslehurst, seconder Petrine Boddington)

Committee Members: Sue asked if other committee members would be willing to stand again and they agreed. The following were therefore elected to the committee:

  • Phine Dahle
  • Barbara Matcham
  • Fiona Barnes
  • Petrine Boddington

Sue encouraged other members to come forward and Ruth Kibble agreed to take a lead on Press and Communications. One vacancy remains.

6. Consideration of membership fee

Sue Swallow initiated a discussion on whether the membership fee should be raised. It was felt that it should be a ‘suggested contribution’ of £5 according to people’s means. There was also a discussion about whether organisations should be able to join and This will be put on the agenda for the next committee meeting.

7. Dates for 2016

Sue Swallow initiated a discussion on whether the membership fee should be raised. It was felt that it should be a ‘suggested contribution’ of £5 according to people’s means. There was also a discussion about whether organisations should be able to join and This will be put on the agenda for the next committee meeting.

Problem of pot holes was raised. Action Line should be notified of problems.

Shift Your Stuff will happen again but no date as yet.

An art exhibition will take place at Blue Door Estate Agency on 23 & 24 April.

Clean for the Queen to celebrate Queen’s 90th birthday – SCC will put in resources.

Sue thanked everyone for attending and explained we would be moving on to the Ordinary General Meeting, which then followed.