Southampton University Students Union


The University is committed to being a good neighbour and working to ensure its impact on the local area is both enriching and beneficial.

Our on-campus sports facilities are available for use by our neighbours and we welcome visitors from all over the region to our campus arts venues – the Nuffield Theatre, John Hansard Gallery and Turner Sims concert hall – and bus travellers using our new uni-link bus interchange at Highfield.

We encourage our students to be good neighbours also, asking them to be aware of their responsibilities as members of the community, not to let themselves down, and to avoid causing offence or impacting negatively on the lives of their fellow citizens.

Many of them make a significant personal contribution and commitment to the city through their volunteering work while at university, and many remain in Southampton after graduation to follow their careers and make their homes here.

Who to contact

To ensure that any issues you may have about matters regarding the University are handled appropriately, we have devised the following check-list to let you know of the contact options.

Noise and behaviour issues relating to University venues

Contact the University’s 24-hour Central Control 023 8059 2811.
The duty operator will be able to pass your call on immediately to the appropriate duty manager at our halls of residence or campus venues.

Noise issues from private residential property

In many cases these can be solved by having a quiet word with the residents. If that doesn’t work, you should next contact the landlord if you are able to.

Your next step should be to contact Southampton City Council’s Environmental Health Department

Out of hours: call 023 8023 3344

During office hours: contact the city council’s Neighbourhood Nuisance Team on 023 8083 2531

For reporting noise issues in Winchester, details are available on Winchester City Council’s website:

Alternatively, you can call the police on the non-emergency number 101 or 0845 045 45 45

101 is a 24-hour confidential number which you should use to report problems to the police of a non-urgent nature which do not require a 999 call.

Noise and behaviour issues in public places

Contact Southampton City Council’s Anti-Social Behaviour Unit on 023 8083 3988

There is a facility to report anti-social behaviour by email or online:

Alternatively, you can call the police on the non-emergency number 101 or 0845 045 45 45

Transport and parking

Should you wish to contact someone at the University of Southampton regarding transport and parking issues, please call 023 8059

Parking issues relating to residential streets are dealt with by the city council.

Contact: Parking Services Enquiries: 023 8083 3008

Uni-link buses

For queries about the Uni-link timetable email


If you wish to contact the University of Southampton’s volunteering team, please email or call 023 8059 7289 or 023 8059 5209.

Building projects and Estate development

Maintaining our buildings and estate to a high standard is very important to the University. Information about our estate and our building programmes can be viewed on our

Should you have a specific enquiry relating to the University’s estate or building projects, please call us on 0800 7834597

During office hours, calls will be answered whenever possible by our Programme Management Unit Communications Office. Messages can be left if no-one is available to take your call.

Out-of-hours callers can leave a voicemail message. We will endeavour to respond to your message at the earliest possible convenience

In the event of an out-of-hours emergency which requires immediate attention, please call the University’s 24-hour Control Centre on 023 8059 2811.

Alternatively, you can email us at, or via the “Contact Us” page on the Estate Development website at

Other enquiries

Should these contacts not be able to assist you, or you wish to contact the University about a general issue relating to the community, please email or call 023 8059 3807.